Enhance the lives of patients through creating the best of class medical cannabis and cannabis-related products that leverage the latest in medicine, science and technology.
- Cultivate clean, standardized, and reproducible quality medical cannabis in an energy efficient manner.
- Meet customer needs by selling cannabis and cannabis related products with a large variety of cannabinoid profiles and routes of administration at a variety of price ranges.
- Provide cannabis to dispensaries throughout the state to ensure quality medicine and medicinal products are readily available to patients throughout Maryland.
- Hire and train positive, knowledgeable, compassionate, and skillful employees.
- Rigorously observe and enforce the cannabis laws and regulations in Maryland.
- Participate in our community through education on the impact of medical cannabis and its potential benefits.
Gary Mangum and Mike McCarthy – National leaders in the greenhouse growing industry. Co-founders of the 7th largest ornamental horticulture grower in the U.S., with 425 acres of greenhouse and farmland producing over 100 million plants a year.
Deb Kimless, M.D. – Licensed anesthesiologist and dedicated researcher of medical use of cannabis for pain management, cancer, and as opioid replacement.
Gail Rand, CPA – Certified public accountant who has a professional background in financial audits, process improvement and systems management. Rand has been actively involved in the Maryland legislative process surrounding medicinal cannabis and its potential uses for a family member who has epilepsy.
ForwardGro will produce clean, consistent, best in class medical cannabis in state-of-the-art greenhouse facilities. ForwardGro products will be available for purchase by licensed processors and dispensaries throughout the state of Maryland.
Greenhouse growing is the most efficient, cost effective way to produce consistent plant material year round, regardless of climate.
- Energy-efficient – utilize natural sunlight and airflow to control light and temperature.
- Natural – create a more robust product with less artificial supplementation.
- Sustainable – reduce chemical usage through best practice Integrated Pest Management (IPM) strategies.
- Security – able to set up an environment that provides top of the line security throughout the facility.
Based on the latest research and case studies of the most effective medical treatments, Kimless worked closely with ForwardGro’s head of cultivation to select the initial strains for cultivation.
November 2015 – Submitted Stage 1 application for growing and processing license
August 2016 – Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission issued Phase 1 licenses
May 2017 – Secured Stage 2 license from the state of Maryland and started cultivation. ForwardGro gets certified for cultivation under the Americans for Safe Access (ASA) Patient Focused Certification (PFC) program.
Fall 2017 – Cannabis flower available for purchase by dispensaries and processors
Ongoing Education & Medical Research
Our medical director is actively involved in developing case studies related to pain and cancer and was selected to present her findings at numerous conferences. In 2016, she was invited to present to the Harvard CannMed conference, Israel’s cannabis conference, and King’s College in London, England. In 2017, she shared her knowledge at Harvard’s CannMed and the United Patients Group Conference, and will be presenting at the Cannabis Science Conference in August.